POST 4 >> My favorite book


I don’t have a favorite author because I like to read more than one literary genre. However, I have to highlight some Spanish classical writers like Francisco de Quevedo, Luis de Góngora, Calderón de la Barca and others. They wrote in a very romantic way.
This year I began to read some of Gabriel García Márquez and Julio Cortázar and I really like their style of writing. I think that I’m inclined to love stories.
I prefer to read history books, or alternatively, based on true stories. I mean… world wars, feminism, hippie movement, Cold war, French revolution, etc. I like to know how was the human being in our past, his behavior and all the change we have experienced as society.
My favorite book ever is “Like water for chocolate” of the writer Laura Esquivel. It’s a passionate love story based at the beginning of 20th century in some place of Mexico. I could read it a hundred of times.
The last book I read is “The puppet boy of Warsaw” of Eva Weaver. It’s based on the Warsaw guetto in times of the Second World War and it’s very, very emotive. It shows the harsh reality of the Jewish community and how they lived in horrible and poor conditions. But the main character, Mika, a teenage boy, takes care of making laugh the children with his puppet show. The situation gets complicated when a soldier discover this boy and his puppets and takes him to the military barracks only for their entertainment. I totally recommended it.

Comentarios

  1. “The puppet boy of Warsaw” sounds good! I'm going to give it a try

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I've never read a book of Gabriel García Márquez, and its like the most popular author at school haha. You never went to school if you didn't read a book of ggm. I hope that i can read one at holidays.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

POST 7 >> MY BUCKET LIST

Post 6 >> POSTGRADUATE STUDIES